XMS DBMS & Infrastructure for BI
Xpriori's XMS is ideal when deployed in support of Business Intelligence (“BI”) activities. BI is one of the fastest growing sectors in Information Technology. 80% of all information found in the enterprise is unstructured. Structured information is found in multiple databases – most of which were built and deployed to enable specific Much of the data must be transformed or reformatted to new structures or databases to be used for business intelligence. XML has been a logical choice for this purpose.
While DBMS have excelled in storing structured data for more than 40 years, unstructured and semi-structured data have started to make their way into databases. Enterprises are now looking for improved database engines that can truly provide not only effective openness, security, automation, and scalability, but also the ability to store and manage complex content of unknown structure. Database innovation focuses on security, automation, data integration and grid computing; but native support for XML and unstructured data management is the centerpiece of most vendors’ R&D groups. Xpriori XMS is already there.
The fundamental drivers that dictate such innovations are:
- Ever growing volume of data;
- Growing need to access complex data of any structure;
- Rising cost of managing multiple databases to support various data structures;
- Rising cost of managing multiple tools and platforms to access complex data (i.e. BI for structured data, search engines for unstructured data, and content management tools to manage data.)
- The ubiquitous use of XML making it ideal for the required data transformation.
XMS is a logical choice for those moving unstructured and semi-structured data -- such as images, faxes, movies, XML, content, emails, and other complex data types, into databases.